Quote Format Block Quotations
Creating Block Quotations in Written Documents Chicago Format MLA Format APA Format AMA Format Other topics to look at:
- Word Capitalization
- Compound Words and Prefixes
- Emphasis while Writing: Use of Italics and the Quotation Marks
- Block Quotation
- Writing Rules for Spelling out all Numbers
- Chicago Format – If the quote is made up of one-hundred words or more (which makes up around eight lines of typed text) it should be set into block quotations. This includes quotes that are made up of two or more sentences.
- MLA Format – If the quote is more than four lines, it needs to be formatted into a block quotation.
- APA Format – If the quote is longer than forty words, it should be made into a block quotation.