1. Imagine the Field ComplexlySociology is a compound discipline. People who study it should understand that they must keep abreast of the latest developments in such areas as religion, economy, politics, and many others. Doing so requires a lot of dedication, critical thinking, and perseverance.
2. Choose a topic that interests youResearch in any field is a complicated and time-consuming affair. This is why you should always choose something you are passionate about. Other things to consider before dedicating yourself are your current level of skill, methodology, relevance, and the potential scale.
3. Make Sure not to Repeat the Research of OthersPlagiarism is taken very seriously in academia. Intentional cases can lead to very serious consequences for the offender, and even the unintentional ones can turn out to be unpleasant. This is why it is of immense importance to check whether anyone has written on similar or identical themes before. It will also be helpful later on when you’ll have to gather the necessary materials. Start with consulting your professor and checking JSTOR and other sources.
4. Give Writing the Actual Proposal a TryWhen you have several distinct possibilities ready, try to see whether you actually enjoy working on them. You can do this by creating an outline for your proposal or even writing it out in full. It will allow you to see all the potential pitfalls, as well as get to know the format better. You’ll need to keep in mind such factors as length, stylistic requirements, and citing.
5. Consult this List of Good Sociology Research Proposal Topics for Inspiration* Growing up in a multicultural environment influences the level of emotional intelligence
* Domestic violence and its direct effect on children
* Abortion as a way of manipulating public opinion
* Interaction of genders in middle school environment
* The effect of sexual harassment in the workplace on productivity
* Life imitates art: Does television influence societal development
* Empowerment of young females in underprivileged communities through education
* The reasons for the lasting presence of the gender pay gap in the USA