Good essay writing
Good Essay Writing – It’s a process!Good essay writing skills are developed over time. Students begin to learn how to write a good essay in the later elementary grades, and the acquired skills are further developed as they proceed through high school. At each grade level, teachers increase the complexity of good essay writing techniques, so that, by the time a student moves on to college, s/he should be skilled in English essay writing and be able to follow a process that results in good essay writing every time. In a perfect world, everyone would master good essay writing skills, but this is not the reality. Many students continue to struggle with how to write a good essay during high school and beyond. Problems with organisation, grammar or spelling cause a distaste for writing. These students need, in such cases, additional help in the form of good essay writing tips and/or examples of essays to use as models. Fortunately, there is English essay writing assistance at PrimeWritings.com. Good essay writing requires important steps, as follows:
- Selection of Topic: A topic will be somewhat limited by the purpose of the essay. Purposes include narration, exposition, description, comparison/contrast, persuasion, analysis, etc. If the purpose is to persuade the reader on an issue, for example, you will not choose to write an essay describing an animal at the zoo! If topic selection is left to you, be certain that your topic is appropriate for the purpose.
- Develop the Thesis Statement: What is the point of your essay? This becomes your thesis statement and should appear in your introduction.
- Brainstorm and Create a Graphic Organizer: All types of good essay writing techniques include this step. You need to list, in some format, all details that are to be included in your essay and to organize each detail in a sequential, logical fashion.
- Write a Rough Draft: You need a strong introductory paragraph, a minimum of three body paragraphs with detail, and a concluding paragraph.
- Revise and Write Final Draft: Sometimes, good essay writing tips include the recommendation that a third party reads and revises the essay, prior to production of the final draft.
- Resources: If any outside resources have been used in gathering information, be certain that they are referenced properly.