Professional and Academic Writing
Table of Contents
As a rule, academic writing belongs to a professional type of writing. Often these words are even used interchangeably to denote the same thing. Professional academic writing has its own rules of structure and organization. Besides, when submitting professional pieces of writing, it is important to adhere to specific vocabulary style and rules of the logical organization.
The Process of Writing Academic Papers
- Before writing an academic paper, a person needs to conduct a thorough research and gather enough scholarly, peer-reviewed resources from which it is possible to extract credible information. This step may be already a challenging one for a student who has never conducted such an in-depth research before. This preparatory research stage involves studying many materials, finding the most trustworthy sources, and reviewing them.
- When preparing a professional piece of writing, it is important to make sure you have a good command of academic English. The language should be proficient and the style of writing should be sophisticated but at the same time easy to understand. Besides, it is equally important to be well versed in the field of research that you are writing a paper in.
- It is crucial to know methodology appropriate for your specific research. In case you are writing an academic paper in sociology or psychology, it is important to provide empirical findings such as questionnaires, quizzes, experiments, etc.
The Role of Custom Writing Services in Academic Writing Acquisition
Apart from doing a part of your job for you, custom writing services also help you to deepen your knowledge in academic writing. In particular, when you read a high-quality paper you have received, you learn proper academic structures and vocabulary.
What is Required from Students in Academic Writing:
- Students should demonstrate deep comprehension of providing a quality research paper, whereby they explore sources, provide their analysis, evaluation, and review.
- Students should show deduction skills when they need to reach certain logical conclusions on the given topic. Besides, they should know how to confirm the argument they put forward and refute it.
- Students should be able to organize the paper in a proper and logical way and to make the central idea clear and concise.
- Students should clearly express their viewpoint, be able to support it, and properly cite the referenced materials.
- Students should be well versed in formal English and express themselves in a way understandable to the target readers.
What Students Need to Know about Professional Writing
- Break down a wide variety of professional logical assumptions and choose the right ones to fit their paper.
- Be well aware of the stages required to produce a professionally written paper by drafting, arranging, and organizing the key ideas.
- Apply the most relevant and suitable strategies for exploration of each specific research topic.
- Properly cite outside sources used in the process of research.
- Be able to structure the paper properly as well as to go through each stage in the writing process: brainstorming, drafting an outline or writing a plan, adjusting the content of the paper according to the needs and interests of the target audience.
When you use all of the above-mentioned tips, your academic writing will surely move on to the next level of proficiency.